Steps To Join
FREE To Enter
No Insurance Needed!
Becoming A Resident
If you or someone you care about is in need of drug and/or alcohol treatment, please read our steps to join below.
Open Intake is every Monday morning at 9:45a, no reservations required. Intake by appointment can be scheduled Tuesday-Thursday. Our program is free to enter and no insurance is needed. Our desire is for Restore Addiction Recovery to be available to anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. Please note, we are a nicotine-free facility.
Prior to showing up for intake, we strongly encourage you to call ahead for a pre-screening to ensure you qualify, but it is not required.
Our program is designed with long-term sobriety and lasting transformation in mind. We understand that committing to 12 months can feel daunting, especially for those working towards recovery for the first time. Give us a try for 30 days. We ask that each man commits to a minimum of 30 days where they can find healing and rest. Our hope is that after these first 30 days, residents will understand their need to continue on for the remaining 11 months and the value of long-term residential care.
Get help today.
Intake every Monday @ 9:45am (or Tues-Thurs by appointment)
Real change is possible and only one step away.
Steps To Join:
Find Out If You Qualify
- Must be a male at least 18 years old
- Must be serious about a life change, open to the message of Christ, and agreeable to all program policies and procedures
- Must be physically able to work up to 8 hours per day and able to participate in activities, including, but not limited to, landscaping tasks, chores, and exercise/workouts
- Cannot be court ordered to enter rehabilitation, our program is completely voluntary
- Cannot have sex or arson charges (past or present)
- Cannot have an active warrant and all probation/parole appointments must be non-reporting or phone-reporting (not in person)
- Cannot be earning disability; if currently earning, must be willing to relinquish in order to be a part of our working program (the maximum hours someone can work a week while on disability is 20 hrs/week, and while in the final months of our program, men are expected to work up to 40 hrs/week)
- Cannot accept men on Suboxone, Subutex, Sublocade or Methadone
- Please note, we are a nicotine-free facility
Call For A Pre-Screen (optional)
Please call 800-357-8684. If no one answers, please leave a message with your contact information and we will be in touch.
We will provide a quick overview of what to expect during our 12-month program, review the pre-qualifications to ensure you are able to apply, and help answer any other specific questions you may have. Although this step is not required, it is strongly encouraged to help you come to intake as prepared as possible.
Pack A Bag
The following is a list of items that may be brought into Restore Addiction Recovery (exceptions are determined on a case-by-case basis). Clothing and possessions will be inspected upon arrival. Please do NOT bring extra clothing besides the suggestions listed. We will wash and dry ALL clothing items on a HIGH heat and are not responsible for damages. Please consider this when packing.
- Personal I.D. and either a SSN card or birth certificate (photo copies will also work)
- Enough clothes to last a week (we suggest underwear, socks, 7 pairs of pants/shorts and 7 shirts)
- 3 pairs of shoes (at least 1 pair of sneakers)
- 3 sweaters or sweatshirts
- 1 winter coat
- 1 Bible and notebook
- You may bring your own personal hygiene products (no alcohol). We also have toiletries to provide at the facility as needed.
Please DO NOT BRING electronics, credit cards, money, or other valuables. There is no cost to join and all foods and snacks will be provided.
Show Up For Intake – Every Monday @ 9:45am
NO reservations needed prior to showing up. Intake day includes:
- Orientation – a 20-30 minute presentation about our program highlighting qualifications to join and giving details about what our program includes. We will also hold an open Q&A session to answer any questions you may have. If you are interested in joining, you will stay for step 2.
- 1-1 Interview – during this interview, our Director will get to know you better, confirm that you meet the requirements to join, and help decide if our program is a good fit for you. If accepted during this interview, you will stay that same day and begin the program.
Intake takes place every Monday morning at 9:45am at our facility (or Tuesday-Thursday by appointment only): 2650 Sanitarium Rd, Akron, Ohio 44312. View our location and facility here.
You will need to provide your own transportation to intake. Please be sure to bring your packed bag with you in the case that you are accepted so you are prepared to stay.
Join Restore Addiction Recovery
If accepted during your 1-1 interview, you will stay at the Restore Addiction Recovery facility and start our program that same day. You will have an opportunity to let your friends and family know or to say goodbye before you join, as no outside contact is permitted during the first 30 days.
You can learn more about what to expect during these first 30 days on our Program Overview.
Additionally, many common questions are answered in our FAQs.
We believe in the power of prayer. Our goal is to pair each man in our ministry with a volunteer who has committed to praying for specific prayer requests on a monthly basis. Will you consider joining our Prayer Partner Program?
There are several ways to partner with Restore Addiction Recovery and become active in supporting the solution to the substance abuse crisis. Contact us to discuss opportunities and current needs.
Although the men provide about 65% of the funds needed for the ministry through our Community Partner Program, we depend on generous individuals, churches, and businesses to provide the rest. Your support will go directly towards the men in the ministry and help provide basic living needs, curriculum materials, and offset a portion of their stay.