Steps To Join
FREE To Enter
No Insurance Needed!
Becoming A Resident
If you or someone you care about is in need of drug and/or alcohol treatment, please read our steps to join below.
Intake occurs every Monday morning at 9:45a, no reservations required. Our program is free to enter and no insurance is needed. Our desire is for Restore Addiction Recovery to be available to anyone, regardless of their ability to pay.
Prior to showing up for intake, we strongly encourage you to call ahead for a pre-screening to ensure you qualify, but it is not required.
Our program is designed with long-term sobriety and lasting transformation in mind. We understand that committing to 12 months can feel daunting, especially for those working towards recovery for the first time. Give us a try for 30 days. We ask that each man commits to a minimum of 30 days where they can find healing and rest. Our hope is that after these first 30 days, residents will understand their need to continue on for the remaining 11 months and the value of long-term residential care.
Get help today. Intake every Monday @ 9:45am.
Steps To Join:
Find Out If You Qualify
- Must be a male at least 18 years old
- Must be serious about a life change, open to the message of Christ, and agreeable to all program policies and procedures
- Cannot be court ordered to enter rehabilitation, our program is completely voluntary
- Cannot have a court date or other appointments scheduled during the first 30 days of treatment
- Must be physically able to work up to 8 hours per day and able to participate in activities, including, but not limited to, landscaping tasks, chores, and exercise/workouts
- Cannot have sex or arson charges (past or present)
- We do not accept men on any prescription medicines that are considered “psychotropic medication”. Please consult your physician prior to making any decisions concerning prescribed medication. A letter from your physician MAY be required for entry.
- Click here if you have an active warrant
- Click here if currently earning disability
- Click here if currently paying child support
Call For A Pre-Screen (optional)
Please call 800-357-8684. If no one answers, please leave a message with your contact information and we will be in touch.
We will provide a quick overview of what to expect during our 12-month ministry, review the pre-qualifications to ensure you are able to apply, and help answer any other specific questions you may have. Although this step is not required, it is strongly encouraged to help you come to intake as prepared as possible.
Pack A Bag
The following is a list of items that may be brought into Restore Addiction Recovery (exceptions are determined on a case-by-case basis). Clothing and possessions will be inspected upon arrival. Please do NOT bring extra clothing besides the suggestions listed. We will wash and dry ALL clothing items on a HIGH heat and are not responsible for damages. Please consider this when packing.
- Personal I.D. and either a SSN card or birth certificate (photo copies will also work)
- Enough clothes to last a week (we suggest 8 pairs of pants/shorts and 8 shirts)
- 3 pairs of shoes (at least 1 pair of sneakers)
- 3 sweaters or sweatshirts
- 1 winter coat
- Underwear / socks
- 1 Bible and notebook
- You may bring your own personal hygiene products (no alcohol). We also have toiletries to provide at the facility.
Please do NOT BRING electronics, credit cards, money, or other valuables. There is no cost to join, and no insurance needed.
All food and snacks will be provided.
If you have decided to receive the COVID-19 shot, please bring card so we can add to our medical records. Please note, the COVID-19 shot is NOT required to join our program.
Show Up For Intake – Every Monday @ 9:45am
You do NOT need to make a reservation in order to show up for intake. Intake day includes:
- Orientation – a 20-30 minute presentation about our program highlighting qualifications to join and giving details about what our program includes. We will also hold an open Q&A session to answer any questions you may have. If you are interested in joining, you will stay for step 2.
- An interview with our Director – during this 1-1 interview, our Programming Director will get to know you better, confirm that you meet the requirements to join, and help decide if we are a good fit for you. It is during this interview that you will either be accepted into our program or not.
Intake takes place every Monday morning at 9:45am at our facility: 2650 Sanitarium Rd, Akron, Ohio 44312. View our location and facility here.
You will need to provide your own transportation to intake. Please be sure to bring your packed bag with you in the case that you are accepted so you are prepared to stay.
Join Restore Addiction Recovery
If accepted during your 1-1 interview, you will stay at the Restore Addiction Recovery facility and start our program that same day. You will have an opportunity to let your friends and family know or to say goodbye before you join, as no outside contact is permitted during the first 30 days.
You can learn more about what to expect during these first 30 days on our Program Overview.
Additionally, many common questions are answered in our FAQs.
We believe in the power of prayer. Our goal is to pair each man in our ministry with a volunteer who has committed to praying for specific prayer requests on a monthly basis. Will you consider joining our Prayer Partner Program?
There are several ways to partner with Restore Addiction Recovery and become active in supporting the solution to the substance abuse crisis. Contact us to discuss opportunities and current needs.
Although the men provide about 65% of the funds needed for the ministry through our Community Partner Program, we depend on generous individuals, churches, and businesses to provide the rest. Your support will go directly towards the men in the ministry and help provide basic living needs, curriculum materials, and offset a portion of their stay.