Steps To Join
FREE To Join. No Insurance Needed!
Plan Your Path To Recovery
If you or someone you care about is in need of drug and/or alcohol treatment, please fill out our prescreen form below or call 800-357-8684 Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm. Our 12-month, residential program for men is free to enter and no insurance is needed. Our program is available to anyone, regardless of their ability to pay.
- OPEN ORIENTATION -- held every Monday morning at 9:45a. There are no reservations required and no need to call ahead. Men (and any loved ones or family support) can simply show up. However, we strongly encourage you to fill out our contact form prior to showing up so we know to expect you!
- ORIENTATION BY APPOINTMENT -- can be scheduled anytime Tuesday-Thursday. Must call ahead and speak to our Director to select a specific interview time.
**Please note, we are a nicotine-free facility. We do offer a smoking cessation program that allows interested individuals to utilize nicotine patches in order to become nicotine-free. We encourage individuals in need of this to bring nicotine patches with them at the time of their admission.
Call 800-357-8684 for help TODAY
Steps To Join:
Find Out If You Qualify
- Must be a male at least 18 years old
- Must be serious about a life change, open to the message of Christ, and agreeable to all program policies and procedures
- Must be physically able to work up to 8 hours per day and able to participate in activities, including, but not limited to, landscaping tasks, chores, and exercise/workouts
- Cannot be court ordered to enter rehabilitation, our program is completely voluntary
- Cannot have sex or arson charges (past or present)
- Cannot have an active warrant and all probation/parole appointments must be non-reporting or phone-reporting (not in person)
- Cannot be earning disability; if currently earning, must be willing to relinquish in order to be a part of our working program (the maximum hours someone can work a week while on disability is 20 hrs/week, and while in the final months of our program, men are expected to work up to 40 hrs/week)
- Cannot accept men on Suboxone, Subutex, Sublocade or Methadone
- Please note, we are a nicotine-free facility (we do offer a smoking cessation program)
Pack A Bag
The following is a list of items that may be brought into Restore Addiction Recovery (exceptions are determined on a case-by-case basis). Clothing and possessions will be inspected upon arrival. Please do NOT bring extra clothing besides the suggestions listed. We will wash and dry ALL clothing items on a HIGH heat and are not responsible for damages. Please consider this when packing.
- Personal I.D. and either a SSN card or birth certificate (photo copies will also work)
- Enough clothes to last a week (we suggest underwear, socks, 7 pairs of pants/shorts and 7 shirts)
- 3 pairs of shoes (at least 1 pair of sneakers)
- 3 sweaters or sweatshirts
- 1 winter coat
- 1 Bible and notebook
- You may bring your own personal hygiene products (no alcohol). We also have toiletries to provide at the facility as needed.
Please DO NOT BRING electronics, credit cards, money, or other valuables. There is no cost to join and all foods and snacks will be provided.
Show Up For Orientation
- Presentation - a 20-30 minute overview about our program highlighting qualifications to join and giving details about what our program includes. We will also hold an open Q&A session to answer any questions you may have. If you are interested in joining, you will stay for step 2.
- 1-1 Interview - during this interview, our Director will get to know you better, confirm that you meet the requirements to join, and help decide if our program is a good fit for you. If accepted during this interview, you will stay that same day and begin the program.
Orientation takes place every Monday morning at 9:45am at our facility (or Tuesday-Thursday by appointment only): 2650 Sanitarium Rd, Akron, Ohio 44312. View our location and facility here.
You will need to provide your own transportation to orientation. Please be sure to bring your packed bag with you in the case that you are accepted so you are prepared to stay.
Join Restore Addiction Recovery
If accepted during your 1-1 interview, you will stay at the Restore Addiction Recovery facility and start our program that same day. You will have an opportunity to let your friends and family know or to say goodbye before you join, as no outside contact is permitted during the first 30 days.
You can learn more about what to expect during these first 30 days on our Program Overview.
Additionally, many common questions are answered in our FAQs.
"I was a broken person who didn't understand just how broken I was. I thought I had life figured out. Now, I am a renewed man.”
– Eric S, former graduate
We believe in the power of prayer. Our prayer program pairs each resident with a volunteer who commits to praying for him on a weekly basis during the duration of his stay. Want to partner with us in this impactful way?
Join us in our mission to help men struggling with addiction find hope and lasting transformation through Christ. View our current volunteer needs below. If you have a specific way you'd like to be involved that is not included, please let us know!
Although the men provide about 65% of the funds needed for their stay through our Community Partner Program, we depend on generous individuals, churches, and businesses to provide the rest. Your support will go towards the men in the program and help provide basic living needs, curriculum materials, and other recovery needs.